If you have ever picked up a bottle of water and wondered what goes into it to make it so refreshing and taste great and always wondered if you could get the same out of your tap. The secret behind 99% of bottled water, isn’t from getting their water from a bubbling brook or stream on a mountaintop on a far away island, but instead reverse osmosis technology. With a APEC water filtration system, you can get the same great tasting water out of your own tap, since it removes 99% of chlorine, heavy metals, minerals and other contaminants which cause water to have a bad taste.
We have identified the different APEC water systems in our 2017 review guide, all of the systems we reviewed use a 5 stage filtration process. Thee of the stages of the filtration process are pre-filters which remove sediment, heavy minerals and other contaminants, before water even reaches the reverse osmosis stage of filtration.
Our 2017 APEC Water Filtration System Reviews:
APEC ROES-50 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
The APEC ROES-50 water filtration system, is APEC’s entry level 5 stage reverse osmosis water filtration system. It can remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants. The system can treat up to 50 gallons of water a day, which is more than enough for most households and the three main filters only need to be replaced every 6-12 months, depending on usage.
Overall for a complete RO system that is built in America, and backed by a reputable water filtration company, this is a great choice.
APEC ROES-90 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System
The APEC ROES-90 water filtration system, also incorporates APEC’s five level filtration technology, including a reverse osmosis filter. Reverse osmosis technology is the same technology that many bottled water suppliers have transitioned to, since it provides the cleanest, freshest water possible. This particular system can treat up to 90 gallons of water, which makes it an ideal solution for larger family homes and small offices that utilize the system quite frequently. The three ultimate pre-filters only have to be changed once a year and the RO filter needs to be changed every 2-3 years.
In fact many homeowners purchase this system, because it uses ultimate pre-filters which only have to be changed out once a year. The entire system can be installed by the average homeowner in a couple of hours or you can hire a plumber to do the installation for you.
APEC RO-PERM RO Water Filtration System:
The APEC RO-PERM reverse osmosis water filtration system, is particularly designed for homes with low water pressure. The manufacture designates (30-50 psi) as the range for low pressure homes. The system uses a permeate pump, to allow the system to build more pressure and filter water quicker, the best thing about the system is that it doesn’t require any electrical hookup.
Like the other two APEC reverse osmosis water filtration systems that we reviewed, this system also can remove up to 99% of contaminants including , chlorine, lead, fluoride, arsenic, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants. It includes a lead free chrome faucet and can be installed by the average homeowner in a few hours.
The 5 Stage Water Filtration Process
- 1st stage: During the first stage your water goes through a 5 micron 10 inch filter, which removes dust, particles and rust. This filtration step, removes the largest particles and extends the lifetime of the RO membrane and other filters in the system.
- 2nd stage: Next your water is filtered through a extruded carbon block 5 micron filter, this is important since it removes chlorine tastes, odors. In addition it also removes VOCs and other chemicals found in tap water.
- 3rd stage: Next your tap water is filtered through a second extruded carbon block 5 micron filter, which removes any trace contaminants and greatly extends the lifetime of the reverse osmosis filter.
- 4th stage: The fourth stage is where all the magic of the system happens, this is this is the reverse osmosis filter of the system. The APEC water filtration uses a FILMTEC membrane filter, which removes up to 99% of total dissolved solids (TDS) and over 1000+ contaminants such as arsenic, lead, fluoride, chromium, radium, bacteria, viruses and much more.
- 5th stage: Finally water goes through a 10 inch carbon coconut shell refining filter, to remove any residual taste from the tank.
There are many benefits with having a reverse osmosis water filtration system in your home, for starters you can be assured you are getting the cleanest water possible out of your tap. While reverse osmosis systems do cost a little bit more than other types of water filtration systems on the market, they are not priced out of the range of most homeowners. The APEC systems do not require a professional plumber to install and many homeowners install the systems themselves. If you are looking for the best in water quality, the APEC reverse osmosis water filtration system are great paired with a whole house water filter.